On August 5, 1867, The Juniata Valley Bank opened its doors for business. From our first day as a local bank in Central PA, we made it a priority to provide all the financial services that our community needs. We have continued that effort for over 150 years. Starting with our first location in Mifflintown, Juniata County, JVB has gradually expanded to include 16 community offices in Huntingdon, Juniata, Mifflin, McKean, Perry, and Potter Counties, along with two satellite offices for loans and other financial services. As we have grown, our continued concern for and commitment to our customers is as unwavering now as it was at the beginning. JVB. Bank Right.
Some milestone events in our history:
- 1898 - National Charter was obtained
- 1962 - Consolidated with the First National Bank of Millerstown, Perry County
- 1965 - Merged with Farmers National Bank of McAlisterville and the Port Royal National Bank, Juniata County
- 1967 - Joined forces with the Tuscarora State Bank of Blairs Mills, Huntingdon County
- 1978 - State Charter Obtained
- 1978 - Construction of the Monument Square Office on the square in downtown Lewistown, Mifflin County
- 1990 - Construction of the Gardenview Office near Reedsville, Mifflin County
- 1998 - Merged with Lewistown Trust Company of Mifflin County, adding four new community offices: Market Street Office, Water Street Office, Burnham Office, and the Wal-Mart SuperCenter Office
- 2000 - Construction of The Juniata Valley Bank Financial Services Office in Juniata County that houses all Operations and the Trust & Investment Services Division
- 2006 - Acquisition of the Richfield Office, Richfield, Juniata County.
- 2008 - Construction and opening of new community office in McAlisterville, Juniata County
- 2015 - Purchase of First National Bank of Port Allegany in McKean and Potter Counties, adding three new community offices known in their area as JVB Northern Tier.
- 2018 - Purchase of the Liverpool Community Bank in Liverpool, Perry County.