Personal Investments & Retirement
The Working Years
Planning, saving, and investing for the future is much easier when you have time on your side. That’s why it’s better to start sooner rather than later. The JVB Investment Management team will help you identify your goals and establish a plan to achieve them. As your needs and priorities change, we will be there along the way, finding a solution to help you realize your dreams.
Just Starting to Build for the Future:
- IRA-money markets
- Builder IRA-certificates of deposit
Other financial situations that you may face:
- Understanding and supplementing your employer’s retirement plan
- Changing jobs and you have received retirement money
- A growing family and future educational costs
- You or a loved one is faced with a serious medical condition threatening their financial security
- The passing of a family member and you are inheriting an asset
- Inheriting inter-generational wealth, a business, or property
Over time and as you approach retirement, your goals, risk tolerance, and priorities may change. Updating your asset management and estate plans are critical as you approach the next stage of life. You’ve been hard at work for a long time, and now it’s time for your assets and plans to work hard for you. Changing direction is always difficult, but updating your investment strategy is critical to a smooth retirement. We understand you will feel a range of emotions such as fear and anxiety as you near retirement and beyond. Your JVB Investment Management Representatives are here to guide you through the uncertainty of the big decisions to come.
Managing retirement assets:
- Your tolerance for risk changed
- Updating your retirement plans
- Making catch up contributions to retirement accounts
Making the big decisions in life:
- Down-sizing & managing debt
- Pension and retirement decisions
- Social security benefits
- Passing on wealth to the next generation
- Updating legal documents and estate plans
- Purchasing long-term care or disability insurance
Managing Your Funds
You may not realize it, but whether you have a small retirement account from an employer or a large amount of savings, you have wealth. Hiring the right money manager is an important step to ensure your funds work for you the way in which you’ve intended. Reviewing your portfolio on a regular basis, rebalancing, and changing your strategy when needed are critical steps to growing your funds for the future. The Investment Management team at JVB has experienced money managers who care about your financial well being and managing your assets to make them work for you.
- Individual Retirement Accounts – Traditional, ROTH, SEP, & Simple
- Business Retirement Accounts –defined benefit and defined contribution plans
- Non-Qualified Brokerage Funds
Providing a Legacy
Whether your legacy is your children, extended family, or a charity, many decisions factor into providing for their future. Planning for your legacy may require a detailed plan, especially if you have a family farm, business or a complex tax and wealth situation. The team at the JVB Trust Department specializes in understanding your needs by participating in the estate planning process to ensure that your wishes are fulfilled. Whether you want to provide for a family member or create a gift for a beloved charity, our goal is to ensure a seamless transfer of wealth.
Identifying and managing your assets:
- Investment advisory services
- Corporate trust
- Retirement asset management
- Charitable and endowment services
Tools for planning for your legacy:
- Power of Attorney
- Living Trusts
- Testamentary Trusts
- Tax efficient gifting and planning
- Charitable gift planning
- Deciding who’s going to implement your plan.
Protecting your Family
Every family is unique. Some family members may need additional help when it comes to their financial well being. It is very important to create a customized and unique plan to your family to provide for those family members should the time arise. However, even with the best plan, a poorly administered plan can lead to additional and unexpected stress and suffering. The team at the JVB Trust Department has the necessary expertise to help poor money managers, the disabled, recipients of government benefits, and families with special circumstances such as second marriages.
Common planning tools for unique families:
- Asset management and agency accounts
- Trust under Will to benefit spouse and children
- Spend-thrift trusts
- Power of Attorney
- Special needs services
- Guardianship and custodial accounts
Or contact us directly at:
The Juniata Valley Bank Trust and Investment Management Division
PO Box 66
1762 Butcher Shop Road
Mifflintown, PA 17059
Special note about investment products:
Products available through Cetera Advisor Networks LLC include mutual funds* and fixed and variable annuities*, along with life and long-term-care insurance.
Other investment services are IRA rollovers, retirement and education funding evaluations, small business retirement plans, and FREE portfolio and asset allocation reviews.
*Investor should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the funds carefully before investing.
Not all services are available at all locations.
NOT A DEPOSIT - NOT FDIC INSURED - NO BANK GUARANTEE
NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY - MAY LOSE VALUE