Commercial Real Estate & Construction Loans
Real estate development loans to fit every situation
JVB business lenders work in all of Central Pennsylvania to ensure that those who have viable commercial real estate ideas—from individual borrowers to development groups—get consideration for funding.
Financing is available to qualified individuals and groups for many different commercial property types, with options including bridge loans and construction to permanent financing. So, if you are actively seeking commercial real estate financing anywhere in Central Pennsylvania, from the Maryland border to the New York line, drop us a line. We’d love to talk with you.
Basic business and commercial construction loan information
Commercial and business lending allows those who wish to develop large, mixed-use properties and office buildings to launch their projects.
Generally, commercial real estate construction loans are split into two different categories: construction period financing and permanent financing:
- Construction period financing refers to the period during which the commercial property is under construction. Typically during the construction phase of a project, payments made to the financial institution are for accrued interest only.
- Once the construction period is ended and the property is ready to be placed into its intended commercial use, the loan changes to permanent financing with structured principal-and-interest payments.
JVB has the flexibility to reduce customer costs and time by facilitating a “one-close” construction loan. No need to attend two closings. We take care of it in one step.
Supporting materials required for a commercial construction loan
The documentation required to close a commercial real estate loan can be considerable. Among them are the following:
- A pro forma analysis of the expected revenues and costs associated with the property, along with a full market analysis to support these conclusions
- The tax returns of the borrower(s) and of any guarantors
- A schedule of real estate owned
- Construction loan sources and uses
- Cost estimates and full project plans
- Engineering specifications
- Any other potentially supportive documents
Additional risk is factored into the application for a commercial construction loan because there is no operating history (the pro forma analysis prior to lending gives a guide, but there is no tangible history related to the property). Accordingly, the lender will usually take into account other factors; i.e. previous projects completed.
JVB can help guide you through the application process. We currently have lenders working from our community offices located in Juniata, Mifflin, Perry, Huntingdon, McKean and Potter Counties, ready to meet at your location to discuss your project.
Is a commercial real estate loan right for me?
- Call the JVB Customer Care Center to be connected to one of our experienced business lenders. 1-855-582-5101
- Let us call you. Use our Schedule a Call form and someone will contact you on a date and at a time of your choosing.
- Email our team to determine if a commercial construction loan is right for your needs.
- Chat with us right now using the Live Chat link showing at the top of the page.